Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Indiana Attorney General Curtis Hill to Defend Civil Rights Violations


The State of Indiana offers a post-conviction remedy to “[a]ny person who has been convicted of, or sentenced for, a crime by a court of this state, and who claims that the conviction or the sentence was in violation of the Constitution of the United States or the constitution or laws of this state. I filed a petition for Post-conviction but Judge W. Gregory Coy summarily denied my petition. In an order lacking any foundation in law, Judge Coy ruled there was no factual basis to any of my 20 claims, granted summary judgment in favor of the State (in spite of the State arguing summary judgment was not available), and dismissed my entire petition without hearing. On 02/05/2018, I filed my appellant brief and supporting appendices in the appeal of Judge Coy’s ruling.

Indiana Courts continue to ignore the fact I had no assistance of counsel in preparing for trial and how no one would explain what illegal acts were responsible for my indictments and convictions. Complicating matters is the prosecutor in my trial is now Chief Deputy to Indiana Attorney General Curtis T. Hill. Attorney General Hill has taken on the case himself on behalf of the State and on behalf of the personal interests of his chief deputy, F. Aaron Negangard.

The evidence clearly demonstrates that the prosecution by Negangard was an illegal act to punish my critical speech directed at Dearborn County court officials, under the guise of a grand jury investigation and criminal prosecution. Negangard admitted to such in his closing arguments to the trial jury:

“I submit to you that that is not a judicial system we want. That's what this case is about. It isn't about Judge Humphrey. It isn't about Dr. Connor. It is about our system of justice that was challenged by Dan Brewington and I submit to you that it is your duty, not to let him pervert it, not to let him take it away and it happens if he's not held accountable.” Tr. 504-505 -Indiana Chief Deputy Attorney General F. Aaron Negangard.

These are Negangard’s statements. This is a federal crime. Negangard admitted the purpose of obtaining grand jury indictments and criminal convictions were just a means to stop me from perverting the Indiana’s system of justice. Negangard made up crimes to prosecute me for speech Negangard did not like. There were no objections by the trial judge or my public defender, only supporting the fact that they had no interest in protecting me from Negangard’s malicious prosecution. Adding fuel to the malicious prosecutorial fires were the allegations by deputy prosecutor Joeseph Kisor. During closing arguments, Kisor told the trial jury that I could potentially murder someone in the courtroom during trial with a .357 Magnum handgun:

“Would you be afraid if you knew right now, based on what you've seen and what you've heard, the distorted thinking, the almost maniacal attacks that he will go, the steps he will go to, to attack people. Would you be afraid if you knew and I hope to God he doesn't but if he had a .357 in his pocket right now, would you be in a little bit of fear? Man, I would.” Tr. 451 -Deputy Prosecutor Joeseph Kisor.

These are acts of official misconduct that Indiana Attorney General Curtis T. Hill seeks to defend. Negangard admitted to such. There is no other side of the story. Any claim that Negangard’s statements were rhetoric meant to inflame the passions of the jury is still an allegation of misconduct:

“[I]t is misconduct for a prosecutor to request the jury to convict a defendant for any reason other than his guilt or to phrase final argument in a manner calculated to inflame the passions or prejudice of the jury.” Neville, 976 N.E.2d at 1264

Judge Coy lied in his contention there was no factual basis to my claim. Chief Deputy Attorney General F. Aaron Negangard doesn’t shy away from retaliating against people under color of law. Now Negangard’s boss, Indiana Attorney General Curtis Hill has accepted the task of covering up Chief Deputy Negangard’s misconduct, while arguing that the Indiana Court of Appeals should uphold my unconstitutional convictions.

Stay tuned for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment