Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hello, my name is Dan, and I’d like to welcome you to my blog.  As I have never done a blog before, this first one is just a little introduction.  I was a fairly ordinary guy two years ago; wife, 2 beautiful daughters, a house, dogs, etc… until I received divorce papers.  There wasn’t any adultery, abuse, or drug or alcohol abuse; she just wanted out.  I don’t want to elaborate on the situation because unfortunately divorce has become a part of everyday life.   I’m here is to tell the shocking stories revolving around a self-represented father who is taking on the Family Court System with a whole new strategy. 

My story begins the same way as many others who are served with divorce papers; feelings of fear, anger, anxiety and all of the other emotions that accompany what is to come.  Nobody ever says “divorce really isn’t that bad.”  The only divorces I had ever heard about had been physically, emotionally, and financially draining.  You hear about bad judges and attorneys.  You worry about getting an attorney.  You worry if the attorney really cares.  You don’t have the ability to determine if your attorney is doing a good job in your court case because you don’t know how the legal system operates.  You hear that the judges don’t like women or they don’t like men.  You pick an attorney based on the gender of your kids, your own gender, the gender of the judge, or because someone told you that it was good to have a Male/Female representing you.  As a male, I hear “they will never give you custody over the mom.”  My attorneys kept telling me that we had to be careful in dealing with Judge Carl Taul because you never know what kind of mood he’s going to be in.  MOOD HE’S IN?  Excuse me; I’m the one facing losing the right to see my children.  Didn’t we elect this guy?  Doesn’t he make a decent living at what he does?  Why did he run for re-election if he didn’t like to be a judge?  I don’t have those attorneys anymore.  I fired my first lawyer, Amy Streator of Kellerman Law Offices, for not turning in the required documentation to the Court and my second lawyer, Thomas Blondell who is now with Zerbe, Garner, Miller, and Blondell LLP, fired me after I picketed my first attorney’s office. 

I’m sorry… did I wonder off?  It’s easy to do.  That’s why I’m here.  The system makes things this complicated.  The gender thing shouldn’t be an issue.  If a judge is having a bad day he or she should suck it up and be professional.  If an attorney doesn’t like the hassle of divorce cases, then the attorney needs to find a line of work that doesn’t have such a monumental impact on families and children.  This isn’t a corporate merger; it’s a divorce and there are real people at stake.  And this story wouldn’t be complete without Dr. Edward J. Connor Psy. D., of Connor and Associates, PLLC, and his ongoing efforts to obstruct my access to the case file from the bad custody evaluation. 

Feel free to contact me with questions, comments, or even criticism.  I’m just trying to help bring an awareness to the problems that exist and to help take some of the fear out of the process.  Check my website www.dadsfamilycourtexperience.com for more information.  I can’t give any legal advice as I am not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once.  Please check back.

No comments:

Post a Comment