Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Taking a break from the action for some entertaining SportsCenter commercials

Every now and then I like to take a break from writing about how people like Chief Justice John Baker (who just happens to be a Dearborn County native) and the Indiana Appellate Court support child abuse in Indiana and how Northern Kentucky Psychologist Dr. Edward J Connor stalks me and continues to try to keep my children fatherless. Today I thought I would write about one of my favorite topics; ESPN SportsCenter commercials.

How can these commercials continue to be so spontaneously funny? The latest commercial that I have found to be absolutely hysterical is one that features Derrick Rose, of the Chicago Bulls, riding shotgun in an RV where Rose unknowingly hits the self destruct button on the dashboard. One of my favorites is when a furry mascot hijacked Bobby Labonte's NASCAR. How can you not laugh at at former 7' 7" NBA player Gheorge Muresan dancing in the ESPN offices? Every sports fan enjoys watching big leaguer Manny Ramirez "be Manny" and the late Steve Irwin has never fought a tougher gator than when Irwin fought the University of Florida's mascot. Sometimes emotions are frail as when MLBer Josh Hamilton upset the New York Met's mascot. As Brett Favre has once again announced his retirement, I assume the ESPN studios spread the word using the "Brett Favre System." What many people do not know is that there have been talented anchors that didn't have what it took to do SportsCenter. There was the time that SportCenter made the mistake of drafting a kid right out of high school and then there was the case where seasoned anchor Ron Burgundy just couldn't gel with the new sports format.

I hope you had a good time reviewing some of these clips because I know I enjoyed finding them. Before you leave, check out this compilation of SportsCenter commercials ranging from Y2K failures to fighting between the Manning brothers.

1 comment:

  1. Great videos but I can't believe that the Indiana Appellate Court Chief Justice is from Dearborn County just like Humphrey and Negangard. No wonder that John Baker supports child abuse in Dearborn County. As for Dr. Ed Connor, I think his professional career is coming to an end. Rumblings are that lawyers and judges are getting nervous about being associated to him. That's what he gets for hurting children and parents.

    ReplyDelete