Monday, May 23, 2016

Letter to Dearborn County Superior Court II Chief Court Reporter Barbara Ruwe

Update: 3:40 PM

I accidentally attributed a quote to the wrong document from Special Judge Hill. Normally it would not be an issue but I do not want to give these officials any excuse to deny me access to information. I sent another letter to Dearborn Superior Court II Chief Court Reporter Barbara Ruwe explaining the error. 

Re: Grand Jury Audio in Cause No. 15D02-1103-FD-00084

May 23, 2016

Dearborn County, Indiana Superior Court II 
Chief Court Reporter Barbara Ruwe
215 W High St
2nd Floor
Lawrenceburg, IN 47025
812.537.8800

Dear Ms. Ruwe,

I apologize for any potential confusion but this is the second of two letters, dated May 23, 2016. In referencing a quote by Special Judge Brian Hill in my previous letter, I accidently cited the wrong document from which the quote appeared. I stated the following in the first letter:

“Pursuant to the order of Special Judge Brian Hill order dated, April 20, 2016, I am interested in obtaining the audio record from the grand jury proceedings pertaining to Cause No. 15D02-1103-FD-00084; however, I am seeking clarification as to what information will be provided. Judge Hill’s order stated that I was entitled to receive ‘all audio recordings regarding your proceedings.’”
Though Judge Hill’s April 20, 2016 order authorized the release of the grand jury audio, the correct source of the quote is a letter I received from Special Judge Brian Hill, dated May 6, 2016 stating [Attached hereto]:

“Pursuant to the Court's Order following the opinion of the Public Access Counselor, you are entitled to receive all audio recordings regarding your proceedings.”
Sorry for any confusion but I am just seeking clarity in determining if you are providing me with all the audio from the entire grand jury proceeding or only the audio from which  transcripts of the proceedings. Regardless of which you provide, I still request the name of the entity responsible for authorizing the partial transcription of the official grand jury record.

A copy of this letter can be found on www.danbrewington.blogspot.com for your convenience. Feel free to contact me with any questions.


Very truly yours, 

Daniel P. Brewington

Attachments:

Judge Hill order filed April 20, 2016

Original letter to Barbara Ruwe dated May 23, 2016

_______________________________________________________________________

Original post

The following letter to Dearborn Superior Court II Chief Court Reporter Barbara Ruwe simply asks whether she plans to provide me with all of the audio from my grand jury proceedings or only the portions of the audio represented by the incomplete transcription of the hearings. In addition, I requested the name of the authority authorizing the partial transcription of the grand jury proceedings that the prosecution represented as being complete. I'm not expecting an answer as either way acknowledges Dearborn County Prosecutor F. Aaron Negangard withheld charging information from me prior to my criminal trial.

Re: Grand Jury Audio in Cause No. 15D02·1103·FD-00084

May 23, 2016

Dearborn County, Indiana Superior Court II
Chief Court Reporter Barbara Ruwe
215 W High St
2nd Floor
Lawrenceburg, IN 4 7025
812.537.8800

Dear Ms. Ruwe,

Pursuant to the order of Special Judge Brian Hill order dated, April 20, 2016,
I am interested in obtaining the audio record from the grand jury proceedings
pertaining to Cause No. 15D02·1103-FD-00084; however, I am seeking clarification
as to what information will be provided. Judge Hill's order stated that I was entitled
to receive "all audio recordings regarding your proceedings." Will you be providing
only the portions of the audio transcribed for the criminal trial or will the audio also
include the audio record of all interaction between the prosecution and members of
the grand jury prior to witness testimony? Please pardon any confusion on the
matter but I was initially told the transcripts were complete. In addition, can you
please provide me with the name of the judge, or other authority, authorizing the
transcription of only certain segments of the grand jury record?

A copy of this letter can be found on www.danbrewington.blogspot.com for
your convenience. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Very truly yours,

Daniel P. Brewington
contactdanbrewington@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment