Monday, April 3, 2017

More Examples of Grand Jury Abuses by Officials under Indiana Attorney General Curtis Hill

In addition to changing the official record of grand jury proceedings, Chief Deputy Attorney General F. Aaron Negangard abused the grand jury process by viciously attacking and interrupting a grand jury witness whom Negangard claimed to suffer from psychological problems. That witness happened to be me. During opening arguments in my trial on October 3, 2011, Negangard read from a child custody evaluation released by Dr. Edward J. Connor on August 29, 2007:
“I'm going to read to you some findings about Dan Brewington because I think it's important to note that Dr. Connor hits the nail on the head when it comes to how he describes Dan Brewington…[Brewington] has a severe attention deficit disorder that affects his ability to focus and concentrate. He rambles and forgets, is given to impulsive and incoherent thought. He cannot communicate with the mother with the skills necessary to conduct joint custody. He also gave him a test. The test results said he had a degree of psychological disturbance that is concerning.” Trial transcript pg. 10
First thing to note is Negangard failed to mention the above referenced child custody evaluation recommended that I have near-equal parenting time with my 1 and 3-year-old daughters, which included overnights and weekends. If Negangard really believed I was unable to focus or concentrate and I rambled and forgot what I was saying, Negangard attempted to take advantage of my alleged disability during my voluntary testimony before the grand jury by constantly yelling at and interrupting me. If Negangard believed I was unstable, then Negangard tried his best to light the fuse. When I refused to be baited into Negangard’s trap, his tirades became so abusive that near the end of the below dialogue appearing in the grand jury transcripts, I tried to calmly address the members of the grand jury in an attempt to escape Negangard’s toxic attacks.
MR. NEGANGARD: And you didn't like his opinion either.
DAN: Well because, who?
MR. NEGANGARD: Judge Humphrey.
DAN: Well Judge Humphrey, well the problem was...
MR. NEGANGARD: Yes or no. Did you like Judge Humphrey's...
DAN: Well which opinion are you talking about?
MR. NEGANGARD: His final order.
DAN: The final order?
MR. NEGANGARD: Yes.
DAN: He terminated my parenting time with what Dr. Conner said...
MR. NEGANGARD: Well actually he didn't terminate your parenting time.
DAN: Yes he did.
MR. NEGANGARD: Did he?
DAN: Yes.
MR. NEGANGARD: No, he said, all you have to do, he said you have parenting time pursuant to, all you have to do is get a custody, is get a psychiatric evaluation.
DAN: That's why my case was on appeal. [Humphrey] said that he didn't have jurisdiction any more.
MR. NEGANGARD: [Humphrey] said all you have to do was get a psychiatric evaluation.
DAN: Yes and I was, I was, I tried to get a hearing for that and my hearing was set for June, June 14th...
MR. NEGANGARD: ...you never got a psychiatric evaluation. Correct?
DAN: It just got approved. It's Dr. [Lawlor] and uh, uh, well, let me back up. I had a hearing set for June 14th, it took a, by the final decree in my divorce, by the way there was no mentioning of terminating my parenting time.
MR. NEGANGARD: There was no mention of terminating your parenting time in the final decree.
DAN: Okay, what's the final decree say? Do I get any parenting time
MR. NEGANGARD: That you're not entitled to visitation. it doesn't say terminating visitation, now does it?
DAN: What's that mean? Did he terminate my visitation?
MR. NEGANGARD: No. Until you undergo a mental health evaluation. What is wrong with that?
DAN: Okay, then he terminated then...
MR. NEGANGARD: If you really cared about your children, why wouldn't you have gotten the evaluation?
DAN: Well because the burden of proof shouldn't be on
MR. NEGANGARD: ...if you really cared...
DAN: ...I did get an evaluation....
MR. NEGANGARD: ...about your children...
DAN: ...here's the problem...
MR. NEGANGARD: ...you didn't get an evaluation.. ,
DAN: Yes I did.
MR. NEGANGARD: No you didn't.
DAN: Because on March 13 th, March 17th, I had an attorney, well up until then, Judge Humphrey said he didn't...
MR. NEGANGARD: ...you represented yourself. Correct?
DAN: Well yes up until then, March 17 th, Judge Humphrey said he didn't have jurisdiction of the case because it was in appeal. I got an attorney. He filed a motion so we had a motion to approve a psychiatrist, a Dr. Henry Waite in Cincinnati where both me and my ex-wife reside and Judge Humphrey set a date, in fact, June 14, 2009 or 2010 Five days before that Judge Humphrey recused himself because of, this investigation I guess because I guess you spoke with him or somebody did.
MR. NEGANGARD: That was a long time after this order was issued.
DAN: Yes because he said that...
MR. NEGANGARD: You had plenty of time to get a psychiatric evaluation but instead you chose to appeal it. Correct?
DAN: Well that's the other thing it was he said I had to pay a hundred and twenty.-two thousand dollars ($122,000.00) for the future interest of a trust in farmland that I'm not entitled to so...
MR. NEGANGARD: But that wouldn't prevent you from getting a psychiatric evaluation so you could get your visitation...
DAN: Well I got a psychiatric evaluation. I got two (2) of them. I got one from a Hamilton County Court. I got one from Dr. Henry Waite. I wasn't allowed to bring those because I couldn't approve it. Here I got that...
MR. NEGANGARD: Isn't it true in your internet writings you said how you would not submit to a psychiatric evaluation?
DAN: That was at the very beginning because I was concerned. Okay, let's back up. The problem was, I wasn't given a copy of Dr. Conner's case file, which is...
MR. NEGANGARD: You got several documents...
DAN: Okay.
MR. NEGANGARD: ...you didn't get what you wanted. You didn't get your wife's stuff that you wanted to post on the....
DAN: I didn't get everything
MR. NEGANGARD: ...internet
DAN: ...I didn't get everything...
MR. NEGANGARD: Correct?
DAN: No. It had...
MR. NEGANGARD: ...so what...
DAN: ...nothing to do with that
MR. NEGANGARD: So what, you had this evaluation, you couldn't do a, you couldn't...
DAN: Mr. Negangard you got...
MR. NEGANGARD: ...no, I want you to try...
DAN: ...your facts wrong...
MR. NEGANGARD: ...and finally wake up. Everybody's at fault -- Judge Humphrey's at fault, Dr. Corner's at fault, Amy Streator's at fault, Tom Blondell's at fault, Mike Kreinhop's at fault...
DAN: ...see this is what he does...
MR. NEGANGARD: ...I'm. at fault, the Court of Appeals is...
DAN: ...that's what he does...
MR. NEGANGARD: ...at fault, the Indiana Supreme Court is at fault...
DAN: ...because that's what people like this do. They...
MR. NEGANGARD: ...is that whose all...
DAN: ...point at the person and say they're crazy.
MR. NEGANGARD: ...is that whose all at fault?
DAN: Well hold on.
MR. NEGANGARD: I mean because you've stated in your testimony that all those people are wrong and you're the only one that's right. Correct?
DAN: Let me just read this stuff real quick. Here's the history...
MR. NEGANGARD: Well answer the question. Are all those people wrong and you're the only one that's right? 
Indiana Attorney General Curtis Hill was aware of the above conduct but instead of taking action to protect the public from abuses of the grand jury process, Attorney General Hill rewarded Negangard’s conduct with a promotion. If Hill did address my case with Negangard, Negangard probably just brushed it off as Brewington being crazy; however, if Negangard believed that I suffered from psychological disorders, then Negangard sought to take full advantage of my disability behind closed doors. If Chief Deputy Attorney General F. Aaron Negangard did not believe I suffered from the psychological dysfunction mentioned in Connor’s report, then Negangard knew I was correct in criticizing Dr. Edward J. Connor and Judge James D. Humphrey but made me a target of a grand jury investigation for doing so.
Therefore Indiana Attorney General Curtis Hill does not want the Dearborn Superior Court II to release the full audio record from my grand jury proceedings. If the above is part of what Negangard allowed to be included in the record of the proceedings, there is no telling what information Negangard kept out of the record.
 Here is a link to more information regarding two separate court cases pertaining to the grand jury abuses committed by the right hand man of Indiana Attorney General Curtis Hill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment