Friday, May 21, 2010

Two letters, On Lie

---Before I go any further with this blog post, I want to clarify that these letters are not going to be sent nor shown to my children. My sometimes satirical and hypothetical writings often find their way to court so I want clear up any misunderstanding before anyone would try to use this to as a reason to further deny my children of their father. I am writing these mock letters to demonstrate how the actions of Dr. Edward J Connor, Judge James D. Humphrey, and others will continue to harm my little girls. The first letter to the girls is what the Court probably wants to tell my daughters. The second letter is the truth. The fact that my children have to be given excuses as to why they still can’t see their dad only brings them more harm.---

LETTER #1

Dear Girls,

Daddy is going to be so happy to see you. Daddy worked very hard to be able to see you again. Sometimes these things just happen when moms and dads get divorced. I know I have not been able to see you for a long time but that is about to change. I am going to have to visit you in a place like a doctor’s office for a while but that is just what happens sometimes. You may not be able to spend the night at my house for a long time but I still love you. Soon you will be able to see Grandma Sue and everyone else. We just have to wait until all of the visits in the doctor’s office go okay. The whole family loves you very much and cannot wait to see you. I am sorry that I have not been able to see you. Sometimes it is better not to ask why I did not come to see you and be a part of your lives. We should just concentrate on the fact that I get to see you a little bit and hopefully we will be able to go fishing, camping, hiking, and playing like we used to do before you could not see me. Like I said, sometimes parents just have to go away after divorce. I love you.

Love,

Daddy

LETTER #2

Dear Girls,

Daddy is going to be so happy to see you. Daddy is working very hard to be able to see you again. Sometimes when moms and dads get divorced, there are people who make mistakes and bad decisions. There are people who think they know what is best for kids, but they do not really know. Sometimes these people make mistakes and get mad if people ask them about their mistakes. If you accidentally broke your sister’s toy, you would say you are sorry because it’s the right thing to do. You would not be mean to your sister because she would already be upset that her toy was broken. The people who were in charge of doing what is best for you made a mistake. When daddy told them that they made a mistake, they got mad. They did not say they were sorry for making mistakes; they got mad at daddy for pointing out their mistakes. Sometimes when people get mad, they do not think right. They thought Daddy was not a good parent because Daddy told them, “You guys made a mistake”. If you broke your sister’s toy, you would not say “You are a bad sister”, you would say, “I’m sorry I broke your toy.” Unfortunately, these people sometimes blame their mistakes on other people. They thought that taking Daddy away for a long time would be best for you girls. Obviously that was not the right decision, but Daddy is doing everything he can to fix it. Daddy will be careful not to make the people mad again so they do not get confused. We do not want them to think that I am not a good dad because they are mad at me for telling them that they made a mistake. That does not have anything to do with how much I love you guys and how much fun we have together.

It has been a long time since I have seen you and I love you very much. When I first get to see you, we will have to see each other in a doctor’s office because they forgot how much we love each other and how much fun we had together. It is like a test to see if we can still have fun together. That sounds like a fun and easy test to me! You will be happy to know that I have been working very hard to see you and I have been working very hard to help other kids and their parents spend time together. There are a lot of people who thank Daddy for helping them but they should be thanking you. You two are the most special things in my life and you have given me the strength and courage to help protect a kid’s ability to grow up with their mommies and daddies. Without my little angels, I would not have been able to help other kids and parents. You two are very special girls. I love you and I can’t wait to take our test together.

Love,

Daddy

Prior to the August 18, 2009 final decree in my divorce, there had been no mention of terminating my parenting time so I was unable to defend myself. Why would I think that my parenting time was at risk? In my ex-wife’s response to my appeal, she did not even make an argument against the termination of my parenting time because it is indefensible. Dr. Connor did not mention anything about terminating my parenting time. People say that it isn’t fair for children to know about the conflict in a divorce. What’s even more unfair is allowing children to believe that a parent did not love them or did something wrong to prevent the parent from being with their children. I did my part, I was a good father. Dr. Connor was the one who claimed his child custody evaluation report contained “numerous errors and oversights.” Judge James D. Humphrey punished me for asking “why?” Now they probably expect me to take responsibility for not being able to be with my daughters. If my ex-wife cannot make an argument to the appellate court that Judge Humphrey’s decision to terminate my parenting time is justified, why should I take responsibility for Judge Humphrey’s actions? The longer they lie to my daughters only increases the chance of long term emotional damage. I’m sorry but I’m not going to lie to my children. For more information go to www.danhelpskids.com.

3 comments:

  1. It's a shame that the "explanation" of your absence from their lives is something too traumatic and difficult for them to even know! Who wants to be confined to a country where parental rights can not only be limited, but stripped for no reason? You'd have to explain the arbitrary and contradictory behavior of a court system that PRETENDS to want to protect children yet only wants to protect its own power.
    You'd have to explain that sometimes selfishness rules as parenthood dies.
    I know for a fact that you would NEVER say such things to your girls. Your detractors will try to prove otherwise...as if telling the truth makes you a monster. The truth, in this situation....HURTS. It hurts you, it hurts your girls, it hurts the court system, and it hurts the chance of every parent trying to do "the right thing".
    Dan, you haven't done anything wrong. There is nothing wrong with wanting to be with your children. Parenting isn't quite rocket science, nor is it a judicial issue that need scrutinized at every point. We all see parents and children restored when crimes were commited, and when neglect was provable. You've had neither.

    This situation scares me beyond words...for parents and children everywhere. It's just unfathomable, abominable, and unconscionable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Craig = Dan

    Who you trying to fool, fool?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually Mrs. Craig = a friend of mine from high school. She's one of the many people whom have known me for over twenty years and is appalled by the fact that a father would be denied contact with his children for no reason. It just happens that Mrs. Craig has a little more courage and a lot more intelligence that "anonymous" so she is able to post her name behind her well written, intellectual opinions. "Anonymous" on the other hand is a coward that never provides a name or any facts to support "their" opinions. "Anonymous" just seems like they are mad because the lie that they are believing is about to end because Judge Humphrey seems to be on a downward fall. "Anonymous" = drama queen.

    ReplyDelete