Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Letter to Dearborn County Officials

Re: County Liabilities

As most of you are well aware, I have been incarcerated in the Dearborn County Law Enforcement Center since March 11, 2011. The reason I am being detained is that Dearborn County Prosecutor F. Aaron Negangard has arbitrarily decided that there is a limit to the amount of criticism that a United State’s citizen is permitted to write about elected officials in Dearborn County. Prosecutor Negangard has declared himself the sole arbitrator of how much public speech is “too much” and opted to make me the target of federally funded investigations, grand jury proceedings, and costly court hearings; all the while declaring that I may be a danger to society… until now.

I believe it to be redundant and unnecessary to rehash all the events leading up to my incarceration. However, it is important to note that after an 18 month investigation by the Dearborn County Special Crimes Unit, grand jury indictments, and restraining orders to “protect” even Judge James D. Humphrey’s children, Prosecutor F. Aaron Negangard has approached my public defender with a possible “time served” plea bargain. After all of the man-hours and money spent in trying to make a case that I was a menace to society, Prosecutor Negangard wants me to walk out of the DCLEC after serving a little more than 2 months of jail time.

It should come as no surprise to anyone that Dearborn County Prosecutor F. Aaron Negangard has been on a personal witch hunt because I criticized Judge James D. Humphrey, the Dearborn County Prosecutor’s office, as well as other officials of the court. When I publicly criticized Prosecutor Negangard he lashed out and accused me of attempting “to get {Prosecutor Negangard} not to do {his} job of prosecuting those who violate the law.” Prosecutor Negangard went on to state “I assure you his efforts will not succeed. If {Dan Brewington} has violated the law then I will make every effort to prosecute him.” Five days after the state dismissed my complaint against Prosecutor Negangard, he made good on his promise and made me the target of a grand jury investigation.

The conduct of Dearborn County and some of the county officials borders on the insane. I have been indicted for posting lines from the movie “A Few Good Men”. After I exposed how Judge Sally Blankenship lent the prestige of the judicial office to endorse a potential witness in my case, Judge Blankenship withdrew from my case shortly after setting my bond at $500,000 surety and $100,000 cash; several hundred thousand dollars higher than many rapists and child molesters. After I was incarcerated, Sheriff Mike Kreinhop stated that lawyers not licensed by the State of Indiana were not allowed to have contact visits with clients who were incarcerated at the DCLEC, thus making it impossible for my Ohio lawyer to have a confidential meeting with me. Sheriff Kreinhop’s new policy prohibits Cincinnati lawyers from meeting with clients who were arrested across state lines, leaving lawyers unable to communicate with clients without being monitored by DCLEC officials. (Actually, Sheriff Kreinhop’s policy appears to apply only to my lawyer, Robert G. Kelly, as the DCLEC has allowed other Ohio lawyers to have contact visits with their clients.)

The coup de grace of Dearborn County’s malicious behavior has been the DCLEC’s obstruction of my mental health treatment. Judge Humphrey terminated my parenting time with my 3 and 5 year old daughters alleging that I suffered from severe ADHD. Judge Sally Blankenship set my bond at $600,000 based on Dr. Edward J. Connor’s opinions regarding my ADHD. When I arrived at the DCLEC, the jail stated that I was not allowed to continue my Ritalin prescription for my ADHD. When I cited case law stating that it was a violation of due process to deprive me of my normal mental health at trial, Captain Dave Hall soon informed me that I could take my Ritalin prescription in the DCLEC. A week later, DCLEC doctor, Dr. Nadir Al-Shami, stated that I was not allowed to take my prescription as prescribed. Dr. Al-Shami said I could take my prescription at a lower dose and only two times a day. Dr. Al-Shami stated I could take my Ritalin prescription, which is a 4 hour medication, once in the morning and once at night. After I refused to take my medication against my prescribing doctor’s orders, Dr. Al-Shami stated that I was fine and did not need to take Ritalin.

During my arraignment hearing in Judge Blankenship’s court on March 11, 2011, my Ohio lawyer, Robert G. Kelly, testified that we would be filing a federal suit about the matter and that still stands true, only the constitutional infractions by Dearborn Count have multiplied since then. Dearborn County continues to retaliate against me because I exercised my 1st Amendment right to free speech. Prosecutor Negangard and other county officials have strived to destroy my family and my reputation, resulting in a long list of irreparable damages.

What kind of figure can be placed on the damage Dearborn County has inflicted on me? That question is best left to be answered by a federal judge or jury. As long as Dearborn County insists on incarcerating me for criticizing county officials, that figure could only rise. As I am likely to remain incarcerated until the charges are dismissed or until after a full-blown jury trial, I am going to continue to write about violations by the DCLEC, such as how the DCLEC is currently forcing some inmates to sleep on mats under toilets because of jail overcrowding. Even in the face of jail overcrowding, Prosecutor Negangard is willing to keep me in jail in order to fulfill a personal vendetta.

Please consider this letter as advance notice to Dearborn County officials so they have the ability to figure out how to explain to tax payers why their tax money is being appropriated to cover damages caused by the malicious actions of a few county officials. For Dearborn County taxpayers who are reading this, feel free to contact local, state, and federal officials to help put a stop to using Dearborn County monies to subsidize government corruption. Please feel free to contact me through contactdanbrewington@gmail.com. Email correspondence will be forwarded to me at the DCLEC.

1 comment:

  1. DAN I WISH YOU THE BEST LUCK I HOPE THE PEOPLE OF DEARBORN COUNTY CAN SEE WHAT KIND OF CURRUPT PEOPLE IN THE DEARBORN/OHIO COUNTY COURTSYSTEM IS ALL ABOUT.IT JUST DEPENDS WHO YOU ARE AND THE PEOPLE NEEDS TO REALIZE HOW AARON NEGANGARD RELLY IS HE IS AS CURRUPT AS YOU CAN GET.I HOPE YOUR LAWYER DOES A REAL GOOD INVESTAGATION ON AARON AND THE CORRUPTION THAT GOES ON IN THE COURT SYSTEM. I THINK ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE STARTING TO REALIZE HOW CURRUPT IT ISS EVEN SOME LOCAL ATTORNEYS ARE SPEAKING UP.I CAN GIVE A EXSAMPLE WITH OUT ANY NAMES BUT I KNOW A PERSON WHO HADBEEN CHARGED WITH 28B FELONYS AND AARON NIGANGARD HAD A FRIEND WHO GOT CAUGHT UP IN THIS AND AARON CAME AT THIS PERSON AND SAID I WILL DROP YOUR CHARGES TO A MISDEAMENER IF YOU DONT TALK OR BRING THE SIGNFICANT OTHER INTO THIS AND HE DID DROP THE CHARGES TO A MISDEAMENER AND TRHE REST IS HISTORY.PEOPLE NEED TOREALIZE JUST HOW CURRUPT AARON REALLY IS AND GET HIMOUT OF THERE.GOOD LUCK DAN I HOPE YOU GET JUSTICE ON YOUR BEHALF AND IMGLAD SOMEBODY HAS THE NUTS TO STAND UP AGAINST THE CURRUPTION THAT GOES ON BECAUSEOF AARONNEGANGARD.
    C

    ReplyDelete