Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dearborn County Prosecutor Aaron Negangard is trying to indict me

Today I received a summons from Dearborn County Prosecutor F. Aaron Negangard. (click link for copy of Negangard's correspondence.) Negangard stated the following in his accompanying letter dated February 15, 2011:

"Dearborn County Grand Jury is presently investigating allegations of Intimidation and Harassment that allegedly occurred in 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010 in Dearborn County, Indiana.”

I guess Negangard felt some pressure to seek an indictment from a grand jury to rationalize the use of Dearborn County resources in using the Dearborn County Special Crimes Unit to investigate my writings. Of course Negangard really seems to be stretching the information because Negangard is alleging my alleged “Intimidation and Harassment” in Dearborn County dates all the way back to 2007. Prior to 2009, my case was before Ripley Circuit Court Judge Carl H. Taul so there are obviously some jurisdictional issues in Negangard’s claims. I’ve never lived in Dearborn County and I never initiated any internet transmissions from Dearborn County. The better question is, if my "string" of alleged harassment dated all the way back to 2007, what prompted people to wait over four years to raise the issue? Dearborn County will probably have to allege some kind of conspiracy to keep the statute of limitations alive.

Negangard put himself in a tough situation when he thought he could intimidate me long ago by sending Detective Mike Kreinhop to Cincinnati, alleging that there was an investigation of my “writings.” Detective Kreinhop, who is now the Sheriff of Dearborn County, told me that I should not fight the system on my own and advised me to hire an attorney. This is the real issue. I’m not being prosecuted for allegedly harassing and intimidating Dearborn County public officials; Dearborn County is trying to prosecute me because I publicized how Dearborn County has continuously tried to intimidate and harass me. Just check out my Dearborn County Police Harassment video on YouTube.com. Dearborn Circuit Judge James D. Humphrey’s office tried to have two Dearborn County Officers scare me away from requesting public records. The officers were unaware that I recorded the video. If I wouldn’t have documented the incident, it would have just been another case of their “word” against mine. Now the video has over 6,100 views. Rather than address the problems that I have raised in many blog posts and other written web material, Prosecutor Negangard is trying to hang the messenger. Humphrey terminated my parenting time with my three and five year old daughters because I criticized Dr. Edward J. Connor. Humphrey stated that I could not have unsupervised visitation with my daughters until I removed the internet writings. Negangard sent Mike Kreinhop to Cincinnati, Ohio to intimidate me. After I filed a complaint with the Indiana Supreme Court Disciplinary Commission against Negangard, on July 12, 2010, Negangard sent me an email stating that he was going to "make every effort to prosecute [me]." On February 10, 2011, my complaint against Negangard was dismissed. Negangard did not waste any time in seeking an indictment because it was only a couple business days after the dismissal of my complaint against Negangard that Negangard continued his quest to prosecute me for my writings.

The biggest loser in the situation is the Dearborn County Taxpayers as Negangard is willing to subpoena judges, lawyers, and psychologists to testify in Negangard’s quest to silence my First Amendment Speech. The costs of deposing and/or subpoenaing a professional can be as much as $10,000 or more. Dearborn County taxpayers should ask Aaron Negangard why he is willing to spend tens of thousands of tax payer dollars to silence Dan Brewington. My guess is that Negangard is trying to throw up a smokescreen so people do not notice that Dearborn County paid Aaron Negangard’s legal fees in defending another complaint against Negangard that was filed with the state. Now Dearborn County Commissioner Shane McHenry is asking if the County can reclaim the $25,000 appropriated to Aaron Negangard’s “defense fund” because Negangard is not a county employee, but a state employee. Negangard wants to punish me because I publicized how the Dearborn County Judicial System retained the services of an unlicensed psychologist in both civil and criminal proceedings. It seems hard to believe that the Dearborn County Court System did not know that Dr. Edward J. Connor was not licensed by the state of Indiana when they were appointing Connor as an expert to the Court. Now Negangard is punishing me because I told people how the Dearborn County Court System relied on the opinion of an unlicensed mental health professional. But that’s what people like Aaron Negangard do; rather than address their own conduct, they go after the people who question the conduct. It is government accountability at its worst.

Stay tuned as I plan to keep everyone posted during any legal proceedings because people have a right to know about corruption in government. Feel free to contact state and county officials to tell them how you support the First Amendment of the United States Constitution. Too many people have fought, protested, and died to protect our rights to freedom of speech. I’m not going to allow Dearborn County Prosecutor Aaron Negangard to take that right from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment