Saturday, April 30, 2011

Political Prisoner

Dan Brewington; Political Prisoner in Dearborn County.

I know it may seem radical but what else would you call it? Governments like China filter and block out internet communications that appear to be “anti-government” in nature. Nelson Mandela was jailed for decades for speaking out against apartheid in the Republic of South Africa. Libyan President Kaddafi ordered military air-strikes on anti-government protesters. But in the United States of America, we are free from that kind of government oppression; except in Dearborn County, Indiana.

I spoke out against Dearborn County Circuit Judge James D. Humphrey after he terminated all of my parenting time with my 3 and 5 year old daughters, without warning, on August 18, 2009. No evidence of abuse or neglect; Judge Humphrey arbitrarily decided to strip my little girls of a father, mainly because I have ADHD and because I publicly criticized the court’s unlicensed expert, Dr. Edward J. Connor. Why do I choose to publicly voice my opinions and concerns about Dr. Connor and the South Eastern Indiana Court System? Because I can.

What tyrants like Judge Humphrey and Dearborn County Prosecutor Aaron Negangard would like people to believe is that individuals are not allowed to publicly lie about other people. They are in fact very right about that. State and federal law clearly establishes legal measures to recover damages for slander, defamation, and libel. I have a constitutional right to voice my political and social views to the public, just as anyone in the public has a constitutional right to sue me in a civil court if my actions caused them personal damages. Before someone can be awarded damages in a civil court, they have the burden of proof to demonstrate that my statements are untrue and defamatory. They also have to prove that my actions actually caused some kind of damage. This is where Judge Humphrey and Dr. Connor are using Prosecutor Aaron Negangard to circumvent the normal civil process of the United States of America. Rather than place the burden on Judge Humphrey and Dr. Connor to prove in a civil court that my internet writings caused them unnecessary damages, Negangard placed the burden of proof on me to demonstrate that my writings are protected by 1st Amendment Speech; or else I go to jail. Negangard is serving as a state sponsored civil attorney for Judge Humphrey and Dr. Connor in a criminal action against me. In a civil suit, I would have the ability to counter-sue Judge Humphrey and Dr. Connor. At the very least I would be able to build a defense for myself. In my current situation, Prosecutor Negangard lied and presented false information to Judge Sally Blankenship in an effort to set a high bond. Judge Blankenship hopped on the conspiracy bandwagon and set my bond for $600,000. Judge Blankenship used statements from Dr. Connor’s child custody evaluation to justify the $600,000 bond, claiming that I was a danger to society even though Dr. Connor stated that I could properly care for my own children. Judge Blankenship overlooked Dr. Connor’s statements that I was not dangerous and misused Dr. Connor’s findings for the benefit of the prosecution. Judge Blankenship knew that a $600,000 bond would make it nearly impossible for me to contribute to the defense of my case. She also thought it would bring an end to my writings dealing with corruption in the Dearborn County Government.

“Indictment for Intimidation of a Judge.” A grand jury in Dearborn County found that sometime in between August 1,2009 and February 27,2011, “Daniel Brewingotn did communicate a threat to another person, to wit: Dearborn-Ohio County Circuit Court Judge James D. Humphrey, with the intent that James D. Humphrey be placed in fear of retaliation for a prior lawful act.” Apparently, prosecutor Negangard duped a grand jury into believing that it was illegal for someone to make public statements about officers of the Court. Did I call Judge Humphrey a child abuser? Yes. Did I say that Judge Humphrey was an evil man? Yes. Did I ever threaten illegal behavior or action in retaliation against Judge Humphrey for being an evil child abuser? Never.

I’ve never contacted Judge Humphrey personally, have never seen him in public, nor have I ever attempted to contact any of his friends or family. I write things on the internet so Judge Humphrey had to physically visit internet websites in order to be offended. It would be like Nancy Pelosi complaining about the harsh criticism she receives when she watches FOX News. She has the ability to turn the channel if she doesn’t want to hear the criticism as an elected official. The big difference between Nancy Pelosi and Judge James D. Humphrey is that U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder isn’t trying to prosecute Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck for calling Pelosi a communist who is trying to kill the unborn and the elderly in her quest to destroy the United States of America. In Dearborn County, Indiana, Prosecutor Negangard would hang Hannity and Beck if they said the same kind of things about James D. Humphrey.

Dearborn County Prosecutor Aaron Negangard is playing a very dangerous game with the freedoms that so many people fought and died to protect. Negangard is effectively creating a government controlled internet and media. If Negangard can prosecute me for publicly criticizing an elected Judge then he can do the same against any person who would have the “gaul” to criticize any of “Negangard’s” public officials. As Eric Stratton said in the movie Animal House, “They can’t do that to our pledges. Only we can do that to our pledges.”

So here I sit in the Dearborn County Law Enforcement Center because I made some less than flattering comments about Prosecutor Negangard’s friend, James D. Humphrey. I’m not worried because justice will prevail in the end. It will prevail because Prosecutor Negangard doesn’t have any record of me making an illegal threat to Judge James D. Humphrey. To the few detractors who question the validity of my claim, ask yourself a simple question. What do you think would happen if I would have publicly inferred or stated that I was going to do something illegal in an attempt to bring harm to Judge James D. Humphrey and/or his family? I would have been the target of a federal investigation by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

The FBI isn’t concerned about my case because a nearby county sheriff sent me an email stating that he contacted the FBI in my favor. The sheriff also sent me an email encouraging me to continue fighting for my children and told me to retain legal counsel far from here. I have received the same kind of support from elected officials located in Dearborn County. Negangard is going to have a hard time attacking me for criticizing elected Dearborn County officials when I have emails from other Dearborn county officials who encourage my efforts. Do you know the reason they gave for not speaking up? They wrote that they were afraid that Negangard would retaliate against them, their families, friends, and/or organizations. That kind of wide spread fear is why I have to take a stand against government corruption in Dearborn county.

So here I sit as a political hostage in Dearborn County, Indiana, but just as in places like Egypt and Tunisia, there will be an uprising. The big difference is that it will be a peaceful one. Dearborn County cannot shut down the internet. James Humphrey and/or Aaron Negangard cannot declare martial law to help contain a publicity meltdown. They will only be able to watch their professional careers dwindle away due to their own actions and my public writings. Corrupted government officials like James Humphrey and Aaron Negangard will not out last truth and honesty and law. That is not a threat; it’s a promise.

Feel free to contact Dan Brewington or his family at contactdanbrewington@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment